For another year, A1 Plumbing is supporting the Hunger Bowl to raise both monetary and food donations for the Idaho Food Bank. The Boise State - University of Idaho game on November 14 at Bronco Stadium will mark the second Hunger Bowl food drive in an effort to tackle Idaho hunger.
Last year's Hunger Bowl raised $8,000 and 15,000 pounds of food. Because the Foodbank can acquire five pounds of food for a dollar, this was the equivalent of 63,000 pounds for the event. That's nearly 50,000 meals for hungry families and their children. The goal this year is to collect enough food to cover a football field – that's one ton of food per yard for a total of 200,000 pounds. Hunger Bowl II is a combination of three once-separate food drives of The Idaho Foodbank, Boise Rescue Mission and Salvation Army.
Hunger Bowl organizer and A1 Plumbing Business Developer Dan Long has also arranged an additional incentive for fans. A1 Plumbing will discount its services by $1 per can of food, up to $10, for fans who contribute. The company will also match its customers' donations dollar for dollar.
The Hunger Bowl food and funds drive will include:
* Non-perishable food can be dropped at any A1 Plumbing or Tates Rents location, as well as any Treasure Valley Family YMCA.
* "Fans with Cans" – fans attending the University of Idaho game can take non-perishable food to the November 14 game. Donations can be dropped at the Tates Rents tent across from the Allen Noble Hall of Fame Gallery and at Peak live remote locations around the stadium.
* A1 Plumbing will discount service by $1 for every can of food customers donate, up to 10 cans. The company will also match the total donations dollar for dollar.
* Peak Broadcasting will promote the food drive on 580 KIDO, and will receive support from 107.9 LITE-FM, 63 KFXD-AM, Mix 106, Wow Country! 104.3-FM and 103.3 Kiss FM.
* The goal of the inaugural Hunger Bowl is to collect a football field’s worth of food. At one ton per yard, that would be 200,000 pounds.
An estimated 170,000 Idahoans aren't sure where their next meals are coming from and 65,500 of them are children. With events like this, we can help Idaho families get through the holidays and Idaho's cold winter months.
HUNGER BOWL BOISE IDAHO | BOISE STATE UNIVERSITY IDAHO HUNGER BOWL | HUNGER BOWL II | A1 PLUMBING HUNGER BOWL FOOD DRIVE | BOISE FOOD DRIVE